Friday, May 24, 2013

Corsets, Tattoos, Skulls and Herons

A big thank you to everyone who celebrated Beth’s life by wearing a corset, tattoo or anything skull-related this past Sunday on May 19th, Beth's birthday.

I had my parents take this photo of me at the Winnipeg airport while waiting for my flight back to Victoria.

This one is of Cheryl. No corset, but with a Hello Kitty/dragon tattoo and goth tank top.



If you have a photo or a blog link that you’d like to share, please send the photo to linda dot mcclung @shaw.ca. Blog links can be added as a comment.

Someone recently asked me whether I would start blogging more frequently now that Elizabeth is gone. Not sure how frequently I’ll write, but will give it a try. Next post I’ll write about my trip to Manitoba.

I haven’t written for a while as it has been a busy few weeks. Cheryl has been over all week helping me sort stuff. We’ve found over 300 graphic novels and have prepared them for a comic book expo in Victoria next month. We also sorted clothes and got rid of some of the medical equipment.

In between all the hard work we took a few breaks to check out the local sites all the while debating whether Beth would have liked the place or not.

Here’s Floyd’s Diner which has been featured on the Food Network and serves amazing food.

We had burgers for lunch and I didn’t eat for the rest of the day. Beth and I shared a love for thick milkshakes.  This milkshake was so think I think I worked off all the calories just by trying to get the shake through the straw!  The food was awesome!  The restaurant was wheelchair accessible which a bonus for those with accessibility issues.  It would have been a bit too noisy for Beth though.

Another day we went to Witty’s lagoon near the naval base. It’s a huge lagoon with mostly sandy beaches.


I had totally forgotten about the lagoon – Beth and I hadn’t been there in about 15 years. It’s a great place for birdwatching and she would have loved it. Cheryl and I saw at least half a dozen herons. 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's my fake tattoo for Beth!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/575644_10151624141666552_2119990819_n.jpg

I figured I had enough goth and skulls stuff on on a regular basis, so I drew a Sharpie tattoo on of a branch of Sakura blossoms. <3

JaneB said...

Lovely pictures, and thanks for the update.

Neil said...

May 29: One month since Beth's passing. And while I didn't take photos or wear skulls, I did think fiercely oy "our" Elizaabeth F McClung on the 19th, and mentioned her with love at a medieval dance practice.

I also carry the Gotta Fly bracelet daily, and squeeze it when I think of you and Cheryl and Beth.

I hope you're doing well, Linda. It was wonderful to meet you in person.

Love and zen hugs to you and Cheryl,
Neill

Nancy said...

I agree with JaneB--thanks for posting!